Weight is an issue that is packed with reference: personal, familial, ancestral, sexual and cultural. There are few topics that can have so many powerful correspondences attached to them. Some people want to lose weight, others want to put it on, many would love to be able to take a bit of weight from somewhere on their body and place it somewhere else. My daughter and I were speechless when in a the lingerie department of a department store recently we came across a several pairs of pants with a built-in padded bum! Coming from my family genetics such a padded accoutrement had never crossed my mind!
Too much or too little weight can be related to serious health issues such as malnutrition, diabetes and heart disease. Bulimia and anorexia compromise the quality of life for thousands of women every year, and increasingly men. According to Anorexia and Bulimia Care, “The UK has the highest rate of eating disorders in Europe and also of self-harm. Exact figures are hard to know. Those quoted in studies etc are only the tip of the iceburg and one must differentiate between figures for those receiving treatment as opposed to those suffering.
Recent figures suggest that 1 in100 women has a clinically diagnosed eating disorder (approx 269 thousand females in Eng and Wales alone) and over half have a ‘serious issue with food’ that wouldn’t be clinically diagnosed but causes them significant trouble. Estimates vary, but between 11 and 13 million people in this country have psychological issues or problems connected with food that often leaves them in effect on a permanent diet. 1/4 of adults admit they feel guilty after eating. 1/4 of adults also say that they think they would be happier if they were thinner (when in fact they are not overweight). 6/10 women say they cannot stand the way they look and only 1 in 25 is totally happy with their body. 1 in 6 women and 1 in 10 men regularly skip meals in an attempt to control their weight. On the other end of the weight see-saw is obesity, which is suggested at being more than 50% in the UK.
And of course, this continues to make weight a hot topic. Most highstreet popular magazines devote thousands of pages a year telling you something about your weight, and whatever it is, it’s unlikely to be self-empowering. Or it purports to be self-empowering within the article and then every second page has advertisements selling slimmer, sexier yous; Slimming pills, slimming drinks, diet fads, exercise crazes!
So, to write an article of the fullness of weight issues is outside the scope of this blog. Energy medicine and Consciousness Energetic approaches can be powerful with all aspects of weight issues, from reconnecting individual self-esteem, to changing negative eating patterns, to rebalancing your body’s ability to digest and assimilate the nutrients in food. Because of the complexity of the issue of food and weight, and the way that it is a continual battlefield of advertising companies, multi-national corporations, and political entities such as Dairy Boards or the Sugar Lobby, this may necessitate sessions with an experienced EM practitioner. But there is also a lot that you can do yourself to ensure that your relationship with food and nutrition becomes one of balance, health and vitality.
- Do the Daily Energy Routine to ensure that your basic energies are connected and stable.
- Keep the first and second chakras connected. They are responsible for moving many toxins out of the energetic system
- The Spleen and Liver organ meridian systems are of great importance for metabolising the food you take into your body. You can help balance them by ‘Spleen balancing exercises’, tracing your meridians doing massaging the neurolymphatic reflex points. You can help balance your liver system by regularly working with the Activating the Cells exercise.
- Self-test your food. If you don’t test strong for the food then don’t eat it. Use this communication tool with your body to know what nutrition your amazing body needs to keep it fuelled exactly as is needed.
- If you are working with changing eating habits that no longer serve you then there are many powerful tools that you can use. The main Neurovasculars, the Heart tap, the Triple Warmer smoothie; in fact anything that is related to triple Warmer and resonates with you. You can read more understandings about triple warmer here.
I hope this is helpful. With love, Prune